skip to content


St. David House • University of Maine at Fort Kent • 23 University Drive, Fort Kent, ME 04743

Information for Transfer Students

General Information

At the University of Maine at Fort Kent we want to make your transfer experience as easy and positive as possible. Nearly half of our degrees seeking students are transfer students just like you. Whether you are coming in with only a few credit hours or a few semesters of credits we will work with you to develop an accurate degree plan and take advantage of the credits you have already earned.

At UMFK you are considered a transfer student if you are currently in college or have 13 or more transferable credits taken at another postsecondary institution.

The minimum GPA for transfer into most programs at UMFK is 2.0, the exceptions to this are the following:

  • Traditional Nursing = 2.5
  • Accelerated Nursing = 3.2
  • RN to BSN Nursing = 2.5

To see admissions requirements for particular programs check out the Majors page.

We understand the transfer of your credits is important but can be confusing, check out this link for more information about being a transfer student in the University of Maine System: Transfer Information

Students currently attending a college or university within the state of Maine can use the University of Maine System's Transfer Guides to see how coursework at their current school may fit into one of our degree programs.

You can also check out our Transfer Equivalencies to get a preview of how some of your credits may transfer.

To request more information, Contact Us or you can Apply Online Now.

Current Students

Transferring Credits to the University of Maine at Fort Kent
Getting your additional transfer credit is an easy process. To transfer credits to UMFK from other schools simply have an official copy of your transcript from the other Institution sent to:

University of Maine at Fort Kent
23 University Drive
Fort Kent, ME 04743
Attn: Transfer Officer

Transferring Credits From UMFK to Other Institutions
While we cannot guarantee that your credits will transfer to another institution, the process is typically the same to request it. You will need to follow the instructions of the other school and likely need to send an official copy of your UMFK transcript. To order a copy, please use the transcript request form in your MaineStreet Student Center.

Have Questions?

Feel free to contact our Transfer Officer for additional questions about transfer credit.