Dr. Shawn Graham has worked in the behavioral health field for over 25 years and continues to maintain a small practice working as a mental health and substance abuse counselor.
He earned his BS in Social Science from UMFK and then earned his Master of Science in Counseling Rehabilitation from USM. He earned his doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision, from the University of the Cumberlands in Kentucky.
Dr. Graham holds several licenses in the State of Maine: Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor License (CADC), Mental Health Rehabilitation Technician – Community (MHRT/C), and certified as a Disaster Behavioral Health Responder.
In his free time, Dr. Graham enjoys hiking, biking, fishing, and snowmobiling.
- Peer Support
- Trauma and Posttraumatic Growth
- Integration of Physical and Behavioral Health
Distinctions & Associations
- Faculty of the Year from Graduating Seniors, University of Maine at Fort Kent, 2022
- Advisor Award for the Behavioral Science Club, University of Maine at Fort Kent, 2020
- Council for Opportunity in Education Highest Performing State in the nation award while serving as President of the Maine Educational Opportunity Association, 2013
- TRIO Leadership Group Club Advisor Award, University of Maine at Fort Kent, 2013
- Maine Mental Health Counselors Association, 2020 – Present
- Board of Directors, 2020
- American Mental Health Counselors Association, 2020 – Present
- American Counseling Association, 2018 – Present
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, License # CC5145, Board of Counseling Professionals Licensure, State of Maine
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor, License # CAC 5036, Board of Alcohol & Drug Counselors, State of Maine
- Mental Health Rehabilitation Technician, Maine Department of Health and Human Services
- Disaster Behavioral Health Responder, Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention
The Impact of Trauma and Self-Care for First Responders
- Van Buren Emergency Medical Services, November 2022
- Southern Aroostook First Responders, March 2022
- United States Customs and Border Protection, January 2019
- Presque Isle First Responders, November 2018
- Fort Kent First Responders, October 2018
- North Lakes Fire and Rescue, June 2018
Perception and Communication in the Workplace
- Life by Design, 2018
- University of Maine at Fort Kent, 2013
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision, University of the Cumberlands, Williamsburg, Kentucky
- Master of Science in Counseling Rehabilitation, University of Southern Maine, Portland, Maine
- Bachelor of Science in Social Science, University of Maine at Fort Kent, Fort Kent, Maine