Directed Study provides students with the opportunity to pursue special areas of study under the direction of a faculty sponsor. Directed Study differs from Independent Study in that the faculty sponsor provides the direction for the student’s work.
Procedures to be followed are:
- The interested student and faculty member complete Directed Study proposal form. Objectives, work to be completed, and methods of evaluation must be included. (Forms are available from the Vice President for Academic Affairs.)
- Proposal is then submitted to Division Chair for approval.
- Student begins and completes project during the regular academic term.
Directed Study is open to all students who meet the following minimum requirements:
- Students must be either juniors or seniors in baccalaureate programs or sophomores in associate programs.
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Additional information concerning Directed Study is available from the Registrar or Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Students will generally not receive approval for a Directed Study in an existing course except in extraordinary circumstances.