The University of Maine at Fort Kent recognizes that students may complete post-secondary work at other institutions. This work is important to the student and also to the University. UMFK will make every effort to recognize the credits through the transfer process and apply these toward its program requirements. Where the content of courses from the previous school is equivalent to that of UMFK courses, students will be given credits toward their degree requirements. Where there is no compatibility of content, elective credit will be given. UMFK also has special arrangements with selected schools whereby credits are accepted directly into UMFK programs.  In order to receive credits for work from other institutions, students must present “official” transcripts from each post-secondary school. For students who are applying for transfer to Fort Kent, the transcripts must be sent to the Admissions Office. For those taking courses at other schools while a student at UMFK, the transcript should be directed to the Registrar’s Office. Once transcripts are received in the Registrar’s Office, they will be evaluated and credits accepted as appropriate. The student will then be notified of the transferability of each course as well as how the credits will apply to his/her degree program. The acceptable credits will then be posted on the UMFK transcript. Decisions on transfer credit evaluations may be reviewed by the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Although all coursework will be considered for transfer, credits will be acceptable for transfer only under the following conditions: — Only work from institutions accredited by one of the six regional accrediting agencies will be accepted in transfer. — Only work with grades of “C-” and above will be accepted.— Grade Point Averages (GPA) from other schools do not transfer. Grades from within the University of Maine System are listed on the UMFK transcript but are not included in the UMFK GPA.— Only work which applies to a course of study at UMFK will be accepted.— Nursing clinical courses are not transferable.— Credits from vocational or technical schools are accepted if they were taken as part of an associate degree program. UMFK differentiates between courses offered during the freshman/sophomore years (lower level) and those at the junior/senior years (upper level). For transfer courses, the level is determined at the time of transfer evaluation. Courses which are considered upper level at the “away” school are considered upper level at UMFK. Courses which are considered lower level at the away school are considered lower level at UMFK. It is recognized that conflicts will exist between the numbering schemes. Credits from two?year institutions will be considered the equivalent of lower level work (freshman and sophomore years) at the University of Maine at Fort Kent. NOTE: For students transferring within the University of Maine System: “Trustee policy is to provide the maximum opportunity for transfer within the System. When a student is accepted for transfer within the University of Maine System, all undergraduate degree credits with a minimum grade of “C-” obtained at any unit of the University will be transferable to any other unit but will not be automatically applied to the specific academic degree program to which the student has transferred. Each student will be expected to meet the established requirements of the academic program into which transfer is affected, and appropriate application of that credit is to be the responsibility of the particular academic unit. To determine which courses are transferable for degree program credit, students who anticipate the need to transfer course credits should consult with their academic advisor prior to enrollment.”