Students may petition to have one complete semester of UMFK coursework removed from calculation on their academic transcript. This includes courses, grades, and quality points. Removal of partial or selective coursework is not permitted under this policy.

The following are the conditions to request academic forgiveness:

1.        Only one semester will be forgiven.
2.        A period of three years of separation from higher education must have elapsed after the semester to be forgiven.
3.        The student must have completed three years of matriculation in good academic standing.
4.        Student must petition the Academic Council for the request.

The Academic Council will recommend approval or denial of the request to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.