JMG: Student Centered, Results Driven
JMG partners with public education and private businesses to offer results-driven solutions to ensure all Maine students graduate, attain post-secondary credentials and pursue meaningful careers
JMG is a collaborator with each of its strategic partners and partnering schools, tailoring its role to support individual curriculum, cultures, and offerings by filling voids and gaps that existing resources can't meet. All work together in moving students forward and celebrate shared achievements together.
JMG is the only nonprofit in Maine offering a continuum of support to help students transition from middle school through high school graduation, onto post-secondary education through degree attainment and connections to successful career pathways.
- Students who can partake in the JMG program are…
- Students previously enrolled in a middle or high school JMG program
- Students who are, or have been, in foster care
- Students who achieved a HiSet/GED or alternative education diploma within the previous five years
- Students up to the age of 24
Students that are eligible for JMG’s College Success Program can attain…
- One on one support
- Academic support
- College and Career Culture; exposing students to the explicit connections between careers and post-secondary education and networking with workforce development partners to attaining the career of their choice
- Earn milestone incentives through each visit with JMG College Success Specialist on the UMFK campus and if the need arises there are emergency funds available to those who qualify, to assist students through a financially hard time to ensure their ability to stay in and thrive in the college setting.