This site uses javascript to implement some of its functionality. Please enable javascript in your web browser to ensure full functionality is available.
skip to content

Student Life

Cyr Hall • University of Maine at Fort Kent • 23 University Drive, Fort Kent, ME 04743

What should I bring?

The following is a list of what to bring when you are moving into the dorms:

Necessary Items

  • Picture ID (Driver's License, State ID)
  • Social Security Card or Birth Certificate
  • Passport (if you intend to cross the border)
  • Completed Forms (Immunization Records, Proof of Insurance, etc.)
  • Twin or Twin XL Bed Linen and Pillow (both sizes fit)
  • Towels
  • Toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, razor, shampoo, etc.)
  • Warm Clothing (temperatures can reach -40ºF)
  • Telephone (one per room in Crocker; one per suite in the Lodge)
  • Shower Sandals
  • Surge Protector
  • Alarm Clock
  • Bathroom and Kitchen Cleaning Supplies (Lodge only)
  • Sticky-tack for hanging items on walls (staples and tacks are not allowed)
  • School Supplies

Optional Items

  • Microwave (for Crocker & Powell Residents)
  • Small Fridge (for Crocker & Powell Residents)
  • Television (Cable Ready)
  • DVD Player
  • Small Stereo (sub woofers are not allowed)
  • Computer with Ethernet or Wireless Connection
  • Ethernet Cable for Computer (available for purchase on campus)
  • Desk Lamp
  • Floor Mat
  • Dry Erase Board for Door
  • Winter Sports Equipment
  • Printer

Items That Should Be Left at Home

  • Candles
  • Incense
  • Toaster/Toaster Oven/Hot Plate
  • Anything with open flame or element
  • Drug Paraphernalia
  • Firearms or ammunition (can be stored for free at local police station)
  • Fireworks
  • Any knife larger than a pocket knife
  • Alcohol Paraphernalia for those under 21 (shot glasses)

If you have any questions in regards to anything housing-related, please email Lois Canzoni at