About This Microbadge
To help facilitate learning and growth in the UMFK community, Residence Life & Leadership designs and collaborates in initiatives throughout the year that address one of the five themes of the programming model that help guide a student’s personal growth, become acquainted with our university community, develop lifelong friendships, and "S.H.A.P.E." them into productive members of society.
Eligibility & Prerequisites
- Matriculated UMS student
- No prerequisites for participation
Cost to Complete Mircobadge
UMFK Leadership Badge Levels
- UMFK Leadership Microbadge is offered in three levels. Student participation is tracked through Badgr.
- To learn more about the criteria to earn a badge, please visit UMFK Leadership Mirobadge Badgr Module.
How Do I Start?
How Do I Document My Progress?
- The majority of the criteria can be documented by completing the Requirement Submission Form.
- Some criteria is confirmed from attendance tracking or confirming participation through other staff/departments.
How Do I Find Programs, Events, & Initiatives That Earn Leadership Points?
- Visit the Campus Calendar consistently and look for any events hosted or co-hosted by Residence Life & Leadership.
- Confirm that the event is leadership themed or has been assigned a leadership point (depicted in the event description or on the flyer with a leadership badge and its level).
Learning Outcomes, Competencies, & Skills To Be Developed:
- Define, develop, and build leadership philosophies.
- Strengthen the confidence, skills, and presence needed as a leader within a community or organization.
- Develop strategies and competencies for continuous learning including self-awareness, reflective thinking, and relationship development.
- Learn to execute strategy, explore change, foster innovation, and apply concepts in various areas.
- Provide students with opportunities to work with each other, to develop leadership and to gain recognition.
- Assist in community building.
Questions About The UMFK Leadership Microbadge?
If you have any questions about the UMFK Leadership Microbadge, please contact the Director of Residence Life & Leadership Javier Gonzalez (email@example.com.)
What Are The Benefits of A Microbadge
86% of hiring managers indicate that it is “very important” that recent graduates demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and skills in real-world settings and only 39% think recent graduates are well-prepared to apply skills in real-world settings. Hart Research Associates. Fulfilling the American Dream: Liberal Education and the Future of Work (Washington, D.C.: AAC&U, 2018)
- Obtain a valued UMS credential.
- Makes your competencies visible, beyond what is seen on a transcript or resumé.
- Demonstrate skills in real-world settings.
- Upskill for greater marketability.
- Gain work experience and received valuable performance feedback.
- Differentiate yourself and stand out to employers.
- Better articulate the skills you developed to potential employers.
- Enhances your digital identity.
- Share your badges and be recognized!
All badges can be shared on social media and professional sites, such as LinkedIn as well as on your website, e-portfolio, or resume!
Each UMS micro-credential is designed to take a learner from foundational knowledge and rigorous training, to application in a real-world work-setting. You can earn three levels of badges taking you from foundational learning to application of that learning. When you earn the final stacked macro-badge in your pathway you have earned the UMS micro-credential.
Learn About Other UMS Microbadges
Students can learn about the other Microbadges offered by the University of Maine System on the UMS Microbadge Badgr Modules.