2003-2008 Strategic Plan: Vision Statement
The University of Maine at Fort Kent is a quality small public institution, with a curriculum tightly focused on undergraduate education in the traditions of the liberal arts and sciences. The university will select academic and professional programs of the highest quality, which respond to the needs of northern Maine and which build upon the region's unique culture and rural environment. The university will be recognized nationally and regionally as the education and outreach partner of choice.
We Are Committed to:
- A legacy of preparing quality teachers
- High quality affordable and accessible education
- Programs which foster a sense of community
- Technically advanced academic and distance learning environments
- Development of distinct rural-based identity and curriculum
- Expanded rural research and development activities
- Study and interaction with Maine's wilderness environments
- Development of graduate program initiatives
- Expanded outreach activities
- A fully developed student life program that supports educational development
- Student preparation to meet the changing need of society
- Active community membership and cultural enrichment
The University of Maine at Fort Kent seeks to become the best small university within the University of Maine System and beyond.