Students who wish to be admitted into the ABSN degree must:
- apply to the accelerated program by February 15th;
- apply for the summer semester as the accelerated program begins with online courses in May;
- hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college by the start of the ABSN program in May;
- have an earned, cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better on a 4.0 scale for all college coursework;
- have completed a college/university course in anatomy and physiology (including all systems) with a minimum grade of C;
- have completed a college/university statistics course with a minimum grade of C; and
- be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Consideration of applicants to the accelerated program is based on a competitive process.
- Enrollment may be limited due to availability of clinical learning facilities.
Students with a previous degree who start in the traditional program may apply to the accelerated track if they a) meet accelerated track admission guidelines and b) have passed all BIO/NUR/HLT courses on the first attempt.
To complement their learning and enhance their success, students are strongly encouraged to complete the following courses in preparation for the ABSN:
- Microbiology (with lab)
- Human Nutrition
- Chemistry (with lab) – organic or biochemistry
- Growth and development across the lifespan
- Transcultural Care in Nursing