Students who wish to be admitted into the ABSN degree must:
- hold an earned undergraduate Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college;
- have an earned, cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better on a 4.0 scale for all college coursework;
- have successfully completed a college/university course in anatomy and physiology (including all systems) with a minimum grade of C;
- have successfully completed a college/university statistics course.
- be enrolled as a full-time student; and,
- students must be prepared to start courses online in the summer.
To complement their learning and enhance their success, students are strongly encouraged to complete the following courses in preparation for the ABSN:
- Microbiology (with lab)
- Human Nutrition
- Chemistry (with lab) – organic or biochemistry
- Growth and development across the lifespan
- Transcultural Care in Nursing
- Obtain CNA Licensure