Students who wish to be admitted into the ABSN degree must:
- hold an earned undergraduate Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college;
- have an earned, cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better on a 4.0 scale for all college coursework;
- have successfully completed a college/university course in anatomy and physiology (including all systems) with a minimum grade of C;
- have successfully completed a college/university statistics course.
- be enrolled as a full-time student; and,
- students must be prepared to start courses online in the summer.
- consideration of applicants to the accelerated program is based on a competitive process.
- enrollment may be limited due to availability of clinical learning facilities.
Students with a previous degree who start in the traditional program may apply to the accelerated track if they a) meet accelerated track admission guidelines and b) have passed all BIO/NUR/HLT courses on the first attempt.
To complement their learning and enhance their success, students are strongly encouraged to complete the following courses in preparation for the ABSN:
- Microbiology (with lab)
- Human Nutrition
- Chemistry (with lab) – organic or biochemistry
- Growth and development across the lifespan
- Transcultural Care in Nursing