Mission & Vision Statements
Consistent with the mission of the University of Maine at Fort Kent, a regional university that serves the needs of the St. John Valley and the state of Maine, the Associate of Arts in General Studies Program fosters excellence in scholarship and academic achievement in an interactive educational environment.
The mission of the Associate of Arts in General Studies degree is to permit students to assume the responsibility for developing individualized programs of study to meet particular needs.
The Associate of Arts in General Studies program strives to:
- Provide students an opportunity to earn an Associate's degree.
- Instill the ideal of the pursuit of knowledge and life-long learning, the faculty affirms that the student will learn methods and applications of communication, logic, and analysis; they will demonstrate competence in mathematics, written and spoken communication, and appropriate technologies.
- Provide basic knowledge content in applied science.
- Provide the students a strong foundation in the liberal arts.
- Allow the student to design a program to meet their individual needs.