Regardless of your career choice, knowing a second language provides you with a clear advantage that will set you apart from other job candidates. If you know another language, you may be called upon to travel and you will likely find advancement opportunities.
In particular, a degree in French is useful in the following careers:
- Government work - Government agencies including embassies, the state department, and both the CIA and FBI now aggressively recruit speakers of a number of foreign languages including French.
- Law – particularly international and immigration law
- International Business and Marketing – Quebec and the European Community are active commercial partners of the U.S.
- Law enforcement including border patrol
- Healthcare – nurses, doctors, administrators
- Journalism and communications
- Social service
- International non-profit work