Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies Program at the University of Maine at Fort Kent will:
- clearly explain the general principles of ecological systems including components, processes, and interrelationships;
- exhibit a holistic understanding of the interactions between natural and cultural systems within the global environment;
- develop an ability to apply academic knowledge through independent or collaborative projects;
- demonstrate proficiency in the writing, speaking, and critical thinking skills needed to assess environmental issues and proposed solutions; and
- develop a life-long commitment to environmental stewardship.