Mission & Vision Statement
Consistent with the mission of the University of Maine at Fort Kent, a regional university that serves the needs of the St. John Valley and the state of Maine, the Business Management Program fosters excellence in scholarship and academic achievement in an interactive educational environment.
The mission of the Business management program is to develop students as liberally-educated citizens, life-long learners in a changing world, proficient business managers and entrepreneurs.
The Business Management program strives to:
- Offer a broad selection of management concentrations to meet the needs of our stakeholders (Stewardship);
- Provide excellence in teaching and learning (Learning);
- Prepare students for careers in areas of business that satisfy students’ wishes and employers’ needs (Collaboration);
- Educate students in the liberal arts in order to broaden their horizons and deepen their understanding of society and the world (Citizenship); and
- Establish and nurture an institutional culture of systemic quality improvement (Excellence).