Student Learning Outcomes
At the end of the program, the graduate of the Bachelor of Arts and Sciences with a concentration in Allied Health Upgrade Completion program will be able to:
- Function as a member of the health care team using appropriate health care language.
- Communicate effectively with patients and their families.
- Apply problem solving and critical thinking skills within the scope of their practice in coordination with team members to foster good patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate clinical competence while performing duties safely and effectively within their scope of practice, while treating patients with compassion, empathy, and respect.
- Exhibit professional behaviors and ethical decision-making consistent with that of contemporary health professionals.
- Utilize evidence-based practice to promote health, prevent disease, and manage illness for individuals, families, communities, and populations.
- Demonstrate leadership and management in decision making, delegation, and interdisciplinary collaboration to provide safe, coordinated, high quality care.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning and professional development