The applicant to the Allied Health major should have completed the college preparatory curriculum during high school. Applicants who have not completed this track may be evaluated on an individual basis. Additionally, the applicant is expected to have:
- Graduated from an approved high school or GED equivalent;
- Completed each of the following courses with a minimum grade of C, preferably in the college preparation track:
- Sciences: Two years
- Biology (with lab)
- Chemistry (with lab)
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Mathematics: Two years
- Algebra I
- Algebra II and/or Geometry
- English: Four years
- Social Sciences: Two years
- Foreign Language;
- Prior to Fall 2005, achieved a combined score of 900 on the SAT; after Fall 2005, a combined score of 1350 is recommended. A composite score of 19 on the ACT examination is the equivalent score. The SAT or ACT scores are recommended, but not required; and
- Submitted one letter of recommendation from a math teacher, science teacher, or a support letter demonstrating community service.
Students who do not meet the criteria are considered on an individual basis. An interview with an academic advisor may be required.