Participant & Faculty Guidelines
Students presenting at the Symposium must fill in the Scholars' Symposium Presenter Registration Form and return it to their faculty mentor.
Students creating artwork for the Symposium must fill in the Scholars' Symposium Artistic Registration Form and return it to Sofia Birden at the library. Students uncertain of their artwork's title and medium at time of registration must also complete the Scholars' Symposium Artistic Completed Work Form and include it with their submitted artwork.
- Student(s) must complete registration by March 23, 2018.
- Each division shall have two student presentations. Though there can be more than one contributor per presentation, there can only be one presenter at the time of symposium. Contributor(s) will be recognized in the program.
- Each presentation should be in Power Point format and saved on a memory stick (thumb/flash drive).
- Presenters will be contacted prior to their presentation to confirm date, time and location.
- On the day of your presentation, you are required to sit at the table with the other presenters.
- Each session will have a faculty moderator. The faculty moderator will call each speaker to present.
- You will be allotted a total of 15 minutes for your presentation: You will have 10 to 12 minutes to present and 3 to 5 minutes to answer questions.
- Upon completion of your presentation, you will return to the presenter table and wait for the session to be completed.
- The student and collaborator(s) with the best presentation will be recognized during the senior banquet.
- Artwork must be submitted to the library by April 9, 2018 along with the Scholars' Symposium Artistic Completed Work Form.
- Poster files for printing must be submitted to Rob Nalesnik in IT using this Google Drive link by April 9, 2018.
- Students printing posters themselves must submit them to the library by April 17, 2018.
Additional Guidelines and Resources