- The link should be to a general health/wellness resource site as opposed to specific pages within that site. Specific articles may be shared on the CHIP Facebook page, while allowing us to keep the CHIP Resources page free of clutter.
- Avoid links where the primary focus of the site is to promote/sell a product. It is our policy to not advertise or promote commercial products on the UMFK website and associated websites.
- http://www.doctoroz.com/: The web presence for the Dr. Oz Show, this site offers a number of health tips, articles and resources for healthier living, including many topics discussed on The Dr. Oz Show.
- http://www.wellness.com/: This site offers a number of resources for general wellness as wellness resources that are more targeted torwards specific groups. The site also includes community forums for discussing health issues, as well as resources to find specailists in specific health, wellness and medical fields.
- http://www.nih.gov/health/wellness/: This is the wellness section of the United States government's National Institutes of Health.
- http://www.webmd.com/: Web MD is a well-known web resource with a plethora of medical and health-related information. The site includes an interactive symptom checker for those seeking possible causes to symptoms they may be experienceing.
- http://www.realage.com/: RealAge provides an online health assessment, and also provides the latest health tips to help you lead a longer, stronger, happier life.
- http://www.easyhealthoptions.com/: Easy Health Options provides nature and wellness information on a number of topics, and includes articles from a number of doctors and medical practitioners.
Resources for Healthy Eating
- http://www.helpguide.org/life/healthy_eating_diet.htm: Healthguide.org's guide to healthy eating.
- http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tips-for-healthy-eating/MY01695: Tips for healthy eating, courtesy of the Mayo Clinic.
- http://healthyeatingrecipes.org/: A site which provides healthy eating tips, as well as a number of healthy recipes to suit every person's tastes.
- http://www.eatingwell.com/: Another site providing articles on healthy eating habits, as well as a number of healthy recipes to try at home.
- http://www.cookinglight.com/: A site providing recipes and tips not only for those looking to eat healthier, but also for those who may be on special diets.
Exercise and Fitness Resources
- http://online.prevention.com/17waysexercisesoars/index.shtml: Prevention Magazine's 17 Ways Exercise Sends Health Soaring
- http://www.hulu.com/the-firm-gaiam: Full episodes and video clips from the fitness TV show "The FIRM"
Self Care and Naturopathy
- http://www.naturalnews.com/034181_air_fresheners_allergies.html: Study - Exposure to Common Air Fresheners Can Cause Allergies, Asthma Courtesy NaturalNews.com
- http://naturalhealthdossier.com/: Natural Health Dossier - Bringing You the World's Most Effective New Natural Cures
- http://www.mercola.com/: Mercola.com provides access to natural health new, articles, products, blogs and more. It is ranked as the world's number one natural health website by the Alexa Natural Health Website rankings.
- http://www.naturalhealth365.com/: NaturalHealth365 provides visitors access to news and advice from leading experts in the field of natural health.
- http://www.digestaqure.com/: DigestaQure is a natural supplement which aims to boost the body's immune system. The product is specifically aimed towards alleviating a number of autoimmune diseases.
Tobacco, Alcohol, and Drug Awareness Resources
- http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/osa/irc/alcoholawareness.htm: Resources on alcohol awareness courtesy of the State of Maine's Office of Substance Abuse.
- http://www.tobaccofreemaine.org/breathe_easy/: The Partnership For A Tobacco-Free Maine's site providing information and resources regarding the reduction and elimination of secondhand smoke exposure.
- http://www.drugwatch.com/: Drugwatch is an advocacy group that aims to educate the public about harmful drugs and medical devices.
Health Related Publications