Debra Durkin (primary)
Sofia Birden (secondary)
- Circulation Services library hours.
- Borrowing Privileges
- Distance Students: ITV
- Distance Students: ONLINE
- Library Card
- Loan Periods
- Requesting books online
Borrowing privileges vary according to patron status (student, faculty/staff, or community borrower) and material type (book, DVD, etc). The Library reserves the right to recall any overdue materials at the request of a student or faculty member with a special need. All recalled books must be returned as soon as possible. Please be aware of the due dates of your materials.
Number of items that can be checked out at one time:
Community patrons: 10
Public School patrons: 5
Special (retired faculty/staff, etc.): 50
All patrons can check out up to 10 media items (VHS, DVD, AudioCD, etc.). However, these items count toward the total number of items that can be checked out.
Though there are no overdue fines, materials are billed within a short time after the due date.
Lost or Billed items:
- $35.00 per item, or the cost of the item, a $5.00 processing fee and a $5.00 billing fee.
Some materials have different loan rules. Please be aware of the due dates.
Students: Fees owed for more than a month and replacement charges due for over three months may be transferred to the billing office and placed on the student's account.
Campus patron Id's are used as library cards. You must have a an ID to check out materials at the library, to request materials online, and to use the UMFK databases off-campus. Students, faculty, and staff may apply for their ID's in the Student Services office during office hours. The ID can be picked up at the library within 1-2 days of application.
Community patrons may apply for a free library card at the circulation desk (see map). The community includes the Saint John Valley and all surrounding towns including Madawaska, Van Buren, etc.
People who are vacationing during the summer in the Fort Kent area may apply for a free temporary library card. A drivers license, home address and vacationing address, and other contact information will be required.
|General materials (also known as "stacks"):||4 weeks with a 2 week renewal|
|Juvenile Collection:||2 weeks with a 1 week renewal|
|Young Adult Collection:||4 weeks with a 2 week renewal|
|Curriculum Collection:||1 week with a 1 week renewal|
|DVD's and VHS's:||3 days with no renewal|
|Audio Books and Music CD's:||1 week with a 1 week renewal|
|Periodicals:||1 week with no renewal|
Reference and Special Collections items cannot be checked out.
Patrons may request materials from other University of Maine System libraries electronically through the online requestor function in URSUS.
- Once you have found the book you want, you simply click on the "Request" button at the top or bottom of the URSUS screen (see example).
- You will need your library card handy in order to enter your barcode number.
- For students, staff, and faculty, you will input only the numbers (no A and B - for those who have an older card).
- For community patrons, you will input all the numbers without spaces.
- Please note that your record must be free of fines and holds in order to request materials.
- Should you receive the response on screen that 'Items from this location cannot be requested', please ask a librarian for assistance. You may still be able to receive the item.
- Once you have placed the request, you may expect the item to arrive within 3-4 days (in general).
- Once the item has arrived, you will be notified by either email or regular mail. Otherwise, you may call or come by the library to see if the requested materials have arrived.
- The materials are held at the circulation desk for no more than two weeks.