The Writing Center is located in Powell Hall as part of the UMFK Learning Center. Students may make an appointment by calling (207) 834-7530, or via our "Writing Assistance Request" form. Feel free also to visit our Facebook page.
|Writing Center Hours of Operation • Spring 2016|
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM &
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM*
|Monday||12:00 PM - 3:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 PM - 3:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:30 AM - 1:30 PM|
|Thursday||11:00 AM - 2:00 PM|
* Sunday sessions will be held 1-4 PM in the Learning Center, and 4-7 PM in the library. Sunday hours begin February 14th.
The Writing Center is the place to come for individual, expert help with your writing. The Writing Center Assistants are skilled writers and tutors who have received additional training in writing instruction. If you want to...
- Talk through or clarify an assignment
- Choose a topic
- Plan/organize/outline a paper
- Draft a paper
- Get feedback on a draft
- Check for structure/coherence/transitions
- Check research/citations
- Consult about the grammar/sentence structure/spelling/punctuation
- Talk through/clarify your professor's comments so that you can improve your writing
...the Writing Center is the place to come. To submit a paper for review, submit using the Writing Assistance Request Form.