The Bridge to Success Scholars program provides entering freshmen an exposure to academic excellence in a 4-week summer college experience. The Bridge to Success Scholars program assists freshmen in their transition to university life in preparation for the demands of college academics and responsibilities. The program is open to all entering students who express a desire to improve their college readiness, or who wish to become acclimated to university life prior to the start of the regular fall semester.
The Bridge to Success Scholars program offers students:
- an enriched academic experience to continue the development of skills in reading, writing, and mathematics,
- strategies necessary for successful degree completion and graduation,
- the importance of personal responsibility to meet the demands of college expectations,
- afternoon, evening and weekend recreational activities led by student mentors, and
- the use of UMFK's academic resources and the resources of the greater Fort Kent community.
The Bridge to Success Scholars program provides students the opportunity to experience life in UMFK's residential housing. Students earn 5 credits charged towards their Fall block tuition. Fees, Room & Board are charged separately. Financial aid is applied for through submitting the FAFSA for the fall academic year. To apply, please submit the application form.