The purpose of the Libra Professorships are to promote excellence in programs that make a major contribution in enhancing the mission of the campus; build, enhance, and provide recognition for selected programs of the highest quality; reward a program where special strength and excellence exist or encourage programs where strength and excellence are emerging; and provide students with an outstanding faculty models for teaching, research, and public service.
Nominations will be solicited from campus faculty during December and must be submitted to Academic Affairs no later than March 1. The elected LIBRA Committee will determine LIBRA invitations(s) and recommend to the Vice President for Academic Affairs. After approval by the President, Academic Affairs will be responsible for contacting successful LIBRA nominations and extending an invitation to the campus.
Before you get started:
- Give Lisa Fournier a copy of your award letter and budget.
Lisa will -
- Give you and your AA the chartfield needed to make purchases
- Create an excel template for you to track expenses
During the project:
- Personal Service Contracts
- The Business Office would like an email address and phone number in case they need to contact the person to get some information. This will ensure a quicker process.
- Use the excel sheet to track your expense
After the project is over and all expenses have been paid:
- Give the completed excel sheet to Lisa
For Your Information:
- Funds need to be spent no later than June 30th of the fiscal year they are approved
- If you cannot start/complete the project within the semester it was approved, please let Rachel and Lisa know
When booking flights please use a travel agent so we don't end up losing the complete cost of an airline ticket if the flight gets cancelled for any reason. If you do not have a travel agent, you can use the one the HR Office uses:
- Nicole Randall, AAA Northern New England (800) 223-3700
Academic Affairs' Role:
- Awarding process
- Peggy sends award letters to faculty/staff and copies Lisa
- Emails faculty and AA with a copy of excel template and chartfield to be used for expenses
- Ensures faculty are aware of the business processes involved with PSC
- Ensures faculty are aware funds need to be used by June 30th of the award year
- Compiling a file with project application, award letter & final expense sheet
- Process all expenses
- Use proper chartfield, including class code
- Monitor project to ensure budget is followed
- Complete expense sheet at the end of the project and submit to Lisa