UMFK offers valuable resources for students who want to enhance their financial situation, academic performance and/or social life. Here's how you can use them to make your UMFK experience better.
Financial Assistance: Financial aid (affordable government loans) is available regardless of income. If you haven't already applied for Financial Aid, it's not too late to apply for this academic year. College is a great investment in your future, so it's worth borrowing if necessary to earn your degree. Applying takes time but is not hard, and help is available.
Here are seven ways to get financial assistance.
- If your situation has changed, ask our Financial Aid Office to review your situation to see if you're eligible for additional aid.
- Ask your parents to apply for a Parent/PLUS loan.
- Apply for a scholarship for Fall.
- Sign up for our payment plan.
- Use our tuition estimator to help you budget.
- If you still need money after taking these steps, consider an alternative (private) loan, and
- If you have a financial hold on your account (which prevents you from registering from classes), contact Joyce Plourde in the Business Office at (207) 834-7552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academics: Earning low grades or withdrawing from courses can make a student ineligible for financial aid. It can even prevent a student from graduating. If, like many students, you could use a little free help with academics, don't wait. Get help now, while time is on your side.
Feel free to contact or visit the Student Support Services Office in Cyr Hall for academic assistance. They offer a variety of FREE services including Tutoring, Time Management, Stress Management, Test Taking Techniques, etc. For questions or to set up an appointment, contact Tammy Connor at (207) 834-7530 or email@example.com.
If you are experiencing difficulty with writing essays, research papers, lab reports, etc., please visit the Writing Lab in Powell Hall or their website for hours and scheduling an appointment.
Social Life: Here are five ways to add some spice to your social life.