The Legacy Scholarship Fund is dedicated to increase funds for need and merit-based scholarships. In addition to scholarships, however, other key areas of the fund's focus will be to support faculty research, and a variety of undergraduate services, including study abroad programs, a revitalized honors program, intern-ships, and experiential learning opportunities across a broad range of academic disciplines.
In setting priorities for the campaign, several areas were considered. At the core of the Legacy Scholarship Fund are several focus areas, consistent with UMFK's Vision:
- emphasizing environmental stewardship and rural sustainability in order to preserve the area's abundant resources and natural beauty
- embracing, celebrating, and preserving the Franco-American and Acadian cultures of the St. John Valley
- providing students with a liberal arts and professional program-based education
- engaging students in experiential learning across all academic disciplines
- fostering our students' success as, responsible citizens, dedicated professionals, and conscientious leaders
The Legacy Scholarship Fund is focused on ensuring that students have access to a quality education by means of need and merit-based scholarships, as well as by providing funds to offer enhanced academic facilities, and making investments in quality educational programs.
The Legacy Scholarship Fund will provide a strong foundation of private support for the University; that will help build a stable, sustainable future for UMFK, and serve future generations of alumni.
The Legacy Scholarship Fund helps fund the following scholarships: